Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

directory input tool not working when running analytical app - help please!!

ck2019
9 - Comet

Hey guys

This one has me stumpted!

I have a directory input tool that is importing a bunch of files (13 total), same layout etc, and works perfect when I run it in Alteryx, but the moment I try and configure the folder directory through the app using the interface and folder browse I get no results...Also tried it as a macro to check and I get the same outcome, no files processed...

As you can see from the screenshot (this is the macro version), results are present from when I have run it in Alteryx, but no results when I run the Alteryx App, and I've tried configuring the action tool to change the directory manually through the tick box option and using the standard update option too...what am i missing!?

Any help would be appreciated as it is stopping me rolling this out to the team for wider consumption...

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ck2019 ,

In this example, the app is running correctly but you need to give the app something more than a browse tool for you to see the results. An app needs some sort of output for the results to be displayed. Are you just hoping to see what files exist in the selected directory? 

I have attached a basic app that lets you view all the files in a directory with the outputs sent to both a spreadsheet and a basic reporting table. This will hopefully show you why you aren't seeing any results in your current app. 

ck2019
9 - Comet

Thanks @phottovy.  After looking at your workflow, I was even more confused as I had exactly that setup.

After a bit more scratching, I realised that it was an operator error - I am using files shared by a user on Onedrive, but have two shares - for some reason I was selecting the wrong folder which doesn't have any read access to the files that I want...now I have used the correct directory...all is well in the world!

Thanks for your help

Labels