Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

determine language of text

simon
11 - Bolide

Could I use regex to determine if a Facebook text string is in English or Spanish? or would I just use Watson or other API? 

Appreciate any feedback on this!

Si

3 REPLIES 3
MattD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Simon!

I built out a macro that uses the Google Translate API to translate text fields - it also has a feature to detect the language (it will output the detected language as well) before translating. You can take a look at the macro on our gallery here. Feel free to give it a whirl! You should be able to hijack the basic functionality to make calls to a free translation service's API as well. If you prefer the regex or matching approach, I'd take a look at the special characters specific to Spanish lexicon and try to match on those (try the tilde or inverted exclamation).

Best regards,

Matt D

Former Alteryx, Inc. Support Engineer, Community Data Architect, Data Scientist then Data Engineer
simon
11 - Bolide

thanks Matt - I will take a look and get back to you. Appreciate it!

keshavnanda
5 - Atom

I'm running into a similar kind of problem. I am new to APIs and facing issue while configuring Detect Language API (https://detectlanguage.com/) into Alteryx.

keshavnanda_0-1610646226225.png

The result that I see is:

keshavnanda_1-1610646274963.png

My configuration in Download tool is:

keshavnanda_2-1610646334348.png

keshavnanda_3-1610646371623.png

keshavnanda_4-1610646394883.png

Wondering if anyone would know why am I getting a Bad request error?

Labels