Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

datetime format

vsalver
8 - Asteroid

I have format the date field in the below format. How can I do it? please advise

yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss

5 REPLIES 5
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @vsalver

This article should provide all of the details that you need to solve your problem: https://help.alteryx.com/current/Reference/DateTimeFunctions.htm

Once you have read that over, if you still have questions, please provide more details on what your current field looks like.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @vsalver

Are you asking how to convert this do a datetime field?

The easiest way will be to use the datetimeparse tool, with  custom format of yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss

dt.PNG

vsalver
8 - Asteroid

My original date field is in yyyymmdd format and I need covert it to yyyy-mm-ddT00:00:00 format. And also I'm seeing the drop down list  to select the string field.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Arr, I believe @LordNeilLord and @Kenda  thought you wanted to convert from that format not to.

In that case it's quite straight forward.

Firstly use the datetime tool to convert your yyyymmdd field into yyyy-mm-dd format.

Then you can use a formula tool to add the 'T00:00:00' suffix. See the example image and attached workflow.

Capture.PNG

Ben

vsalver
8 - Asteroid

How can I get the yesterday's date in the same format i.e. yyyy-mm-ddT00:00:00 in the formula field

Labels