Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

datetime format

vsalver
8 - Asteroid

I have format the date field in the below format. How can I do it? please advise

yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss

5 REPLIES 5
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @vsalver

This article should provide all of the details that you need to solve your problem: https://help.alteryx.com/current/Reference/DateTimeFunctions.htm

Once you have read that over, if you still have questions, please provide more details on what your current field looks like.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @vsalver

Are you asking how to convert this do a datetime field?

The easiest way will be to use the datetimeparse tool, with  custom format of yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss

dt.PNG

vsalver
8 - Asteroid

My original date field is in yyyymmdd format and I need covert it to yyyy-mm-ddT00:00:00 format. And also I'm seeing the drop down list  to select the string field.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Arr, I believe @LordNeilLord and @Kenda  thought you wanted to convert from that format not to.

In that case it's quite straight forward.

Firstly use the datetime tool to convert your yyyymmdd field into yyyy-mm-dd format.

Then you can use a formula tool to add the 'T00:00:00' suffix. See the example image and attached workflow.

Capture.PNG

Ben

vsalver
8 - Asteroid

How can I get the yesterday's date in the same format i.e. yyyy-mm-ddT00:00:00 in the formula field

Labels