Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

date and data referencing

COrr
7 - Meteor

So I'm trying to figure out a road block here.  I have created these fake rows of data here to help figure out my issue.  So I have these phantom employees and types of leave they were on.  Some of these event actions have an event end date of 12/31/9999 to represent they are on a current leave.  But some of these employees have event actions that also contain a "Return to work" or "Retired".  I would like to remove these event action and reference the previous action that the employee either "Return to work" or "Retired". Below is  a before and after of how I need the data to look. I also added both in the workflow I attached. I wasn't sure if a Multi-field formula tool would work here or not.

COrr_0-1602083311792.png

3 REPLIES 3
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Hi @COrr 

I used multirow formula and filter combo:

hanykowska_1-1602085556205.png

(needed to add a select tool for the data not to be truncated)

It would be interesting to see if it still works for more data. At the moment I made a condition based on whether the Reason field contained 'PAID' element, it could be better if you had a flag for whether the event was a leave or something else

IF !Contains([Row+1:Reason],'PAID',1) AND !Isempty([Row+1:Reason])
then [Reason] + ' (' + [Row+1:Reason] + ')'
else [Reason]
endif

Here's the output I got (the employees are in a different order but that shouldn't be a problem)

hanykowska_0-1602085510752.png

Let me know if this works and if you have any further questions!

COrr
7 - Meteor

dude this is exactly what I'm looking for thanks!!!!!

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

The magic of alteryx 😉

you're welcome!

Labels