Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

data transformation

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

dear there,

after a break am joining back to alteryx work flow creation,stuck with a simple comparsion template , can you help here.

I did create a small work flow with transpose & cross tab but when it comes to date and different amount it is not coming correctly in my work flow.

the format of input is attached in excel and the output expected in the image.

thanks a lot

raj

3 REPLIES 3
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Raj_2 

See if the attached workflow gets you started going in the right direction. This gets the summed records you're looking for. Then you can use the Union tool to add these records back to your dataset. If you still need assistance, please provide specific details on where you're still having issues.

Kenda_0-1623356383021.png

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

thanks a bunch, it really helped add union as well, how do we rename date fields as it is require a formula or comparison every month with previous month.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Raj_2 

I'm glad you're able to make some progress. If you want to change the date fields, you can either add a Formula tool after each of the Summarize tools or you can use Dynamic Rename tools after the Cross Tab tools. 

Check out this article to get help with date/time functions in Alteryx: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/datetime-functions 

Labels