Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

data organising

Sriram369
5 - Atom

i had a sample input (attached) which was in pdf; using pdf tool i had converted into excel format. how to get a desired output format (attached). i had attached my workflow, kindly advise how to make it efficient 

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sriram369 

I used a different method to clean up the data - please see below and workflow attached. The data itself is in a nice and tidy format, so it's easiest to separate it from the headers. I did cheat as far as the field headers are concerned. It is possible to extract the them from the data and clean it up - it's a bit more work so let me know if this is required. 

DavidP_0-1624445016495.png

Sriram369
5 - Atom

thank you for your time and effort.

i have few questions to clarify 

1. I have attached excel sheet in .xlsx format which was initially in pdf format- why I couldn't use the same workflow (attached pdf format for your reference)

2. you have changed the file format to .xlsb (Microsoft excel binary)- why this format been used 

Labels