Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

.csv download is bunch of gibberish

Erin
9 - Comet

Hi Community! I need a little help please.

We have an app that outputs data as a .csv file. The task at hand is for the user to have the option to download that .csv once the app runs, and for that .csv to save as a temporary file. I followed the directions in the solution of this article by @danilang and got pretty close -  but once I open the .csv file it's a bunch of gibberish. 

Expected Output: 

BronzeFox_1-1626370940302.png

Actual Output:

BronzeFox_2-1626371000396.png

I don't know what encoding type to select, and all that I've tried do not work. This data shouldn't have any special characters to my knowledge. Any ideas?

BronzeFox_0-1626370815712.png

Thanks,

Erin

2 REPLIES 2
Erin
9 - Comet

This is what it looks like when I test it in Designer: 

BronzeFox_0-1626372457050.png

but I really need it to work in the gallery / collection. 

Erin
9 - Comet

Disregard please - it works! Embarrassingly I have to admit - I guess I had uploaded multiple instances of 'Test 3' when I was trying to fix it - and those were going to a second page in my gallery so I didn't realize I kept rerunning my first attempt over and over and over. It works now! 

Labels