Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

?crosstabs

vivian123
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

How do I take the earliest week with a data entry from table 1 to make table 2? 

Customer IDWeek 1Week 2Week 3
1 47 
2  48
3 52 

Customer IDEarliest Week

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @vivian123 

In this case, I think it would help to first transpose your data, using the Customer ID field as a key column. From here (assuming the earliest week means the first one populated from your data), you can use a Filter tool to get rid of the empty values then use a Sample tool to only keep the first record for each Customer ID. Lastly, you can use a Formula tool to create a field that will display what week # that value came from. 

Hope this helps!

Kenda_0-1627917724321.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I remember the first time I saw "no samples, keyboards or synthesizers used in the making of this record" and I was like "Wow that's so cool!" and of course then I realized that synthesizers, keyboards and samples are awesome.

Anyway - if you were ever scarred by the sample tool and wanted a version without one - see the attached workflow which is (along with being horizontal) about the same as @Kenda 's awesome workflow in terms of use-value.

Junya_Wang
8 - Asteroid

this is the simplest solution I can think of

Labels