Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

cross tab data to be published in Excel file

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm new in Alteryx tool and looking for paste the cross tab result into existing excel file in the specific cell range. I have made 3 cross tab results and want to paste in each sheets in existing file. I have tried Output tool option with "existing sheet option", but no luck. Even I tried the "amend and delete" option this was not worked due to dynamic range output from Cross tab tool. So this would be more helpful if anyone will come with a solution.

1 REPLY 1
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @troy_mech  You have a couple options: 

1. Output to a named range,

This can be done to a dynamic named range by creating a "table" in excel, then having a named range be == to that table, so when the table expands so does the named range

2. Outputting to a specific range of cells (e.g : A:C or A1:B1")

The second option can be done so that you overshoot the amount so "A:BB" to make sure all data can fit in the range. 

Labels