community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

crew runner macro reference workflow on gallery

Meteoroid

I built a data check workflow that will trigger another workflow (let's say workflow A) using crew macro and upon success, it will notify me through email. I reference workflow A using crew macro but when I run the data check workflow on gallery, I didn't receive any email notifying me that workflow A is complete. I think I am not referencing workflow A correctly because I test both workflow locally and it works. Just wondering how can I reference the workflow that I saved on the gallery?

Thanks!

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @betty_liao

I'm not sure you can reference a workflow on a gallery using the Crew Macro Runner tools as I'm pretty sure the field needs to be a Alteryx Module File saved locally.

So I think you'd need to save the workflows directly on the server and then run them from there. This would also be a good test to investigate any errors you're having. A couple of common issues when publishing to server gallery that you might want to investigate are:

• Use full UNC paths for input and outputs: You can do this in Options -> Advanced -> Manage Workflow Decencies
  • Make sure the server service account has the relevant permissions to the locations that you are trying to read from and write too
  • Make sure your servers SMTP settings are correct for it to be able to send out emails - If you've received gallery emails from your server in the past this should already be fine
  • When publishing workflows with macros, the server needs to have this installed and usually in the same location OR you can pubish the workflow as a package with the macros included by going into Workflow Options -> 'Manage Workflow Assets' whilst publishing.

Hopefully something above helps!

Thanks,

Joe

Labels