Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

corrupt excel file output

TiffanyH12
7 - Meteor

Hi I have a workflow that has multiple parts that output to one excel file, into separate sheets.

When I run the workflow, one sheet does not populate the data in the output file. Headers will populate but the data would not. I've tried changing to create a new sheet and that has no problems. But after creating the new sheet and switching the output to "overwrite sheet or range" the entire file would be corrupted. This sheet is also outputting to a set range. Some other sheets are as well but they are fine. 

Any ideas to fix this issue? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TiffanyH12 
If you could provide a sample of the workflow, we would love to take a look about it.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Do you use the Block Until Done tool before Output Tools?

If you don't use it , you might to want use it.

Or is the output Excel file a newly created one?
Do the Excel Sheet have a problem by itself? (e.g., there's a problem with the output sheet.)

VikramNalawade
5 - Atom

You should definitely use "block until done" tool as suggested above if multiple outputs are writing to same file.

Another thing I have noticed is; the existing Excel file gets corrupt if there is a sheet with Pivot in it and the workflow adds a new sheet to the same file. If you get rid of the Pivot sheet from destination workbook this problem goes away. At least worked for me.

Labels