Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

connecting to "Oracle Content and Experience" (OCE)

patternfinder
5 - Atom

My company is moving us from Oracle's Beehive Workspaces for sharing content to Oracle Content and Experience (OCE).

Beehive allows me to map a drive letter so that I can point workflows to that drive to pull data (mostly Excel files). OCE does not permit drive mapping, but I noticed that it has APIs. Can I use an API to upload Alteryx output as well as to bring in source files, forming some kind of workaround in the absence of a mapped drive?

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @patternfinder 

Yes, Alteryx can establish connections to API's (Download tool), but it's a process you have to create. From looking at the OCE api documentation, it's REST based API and it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of hoops to jump through for authentication, but it is a two step process to obtain an access token which adds a bit more work to create the overall process.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

patternfinder
5 - Atom

Thanks Jimmy @jrgo!

I appreciate the research and solution.

A co-worker learned that the OCE application comes with a tool that downloads a file linking client. The data is kept in the cloud, but you can designate a folder on your local computer as a destination for auto-generated shortcuts that OCE creates for you. Anything you have permission to see in the cloud application becomes accessible in File Explorer as though it were on your local machine.

I experimented with this and found I was able to map a drive to it. A mapped drive means Alteryx can use it. Then again, the local path (though a little longer) works for Alteryx as well.

I haven't played with file storage and retrieval other than setting up the capabilities. It's encouraging to know that a RESTful API solution exists as well.

Thanks again,

Angela

Labels