Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

connecting to "Oracle Content and Experience" (OCE)

patternfinder
5 - Atom

My company is moving us from Oracle's Beehive Workspaces for sharing content to Oracle Content and Experience (OCE).

Beehive allows me to map a drive letter so that I can point workflows to that drive to pull data (mostly Excel files). OCE does not permit drive mapping, but I noticed that it has APIs. Can I use an API to upload Alteryx output as well as to bring in source files, forming some kind of workaround in the absence of a mapped drive?

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @patternfinder 

Yes, Alteryx can establish connections to API's (Download tool), but it's a process you have to create. From looking at the OCE api documentation, it's REST based API and it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of hoops to jump through for authentication, but it is a two step process to obtain an access token which adds a bit more work to create the overall process.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

patternfinder
5 - Atom

Thanks Jimmy @jrgo!

I appreciate the research and solution.

A co-worker learned that the OCE application comes with a tool that downloads a file linking client. The data is kept in the cloud, but you can designate a folder on your local computer as a destination for auto-generated shortcuts that OCE creates for you. Anything you have permission to see in the cloud application becomes accessible in File Explorer as though it were on your local machine.

I experimented with this and found I was able to map a drive to it. A mapped drive means Alteryx can use it. Then again, the local path (though a little longer) works for Alteryx as well.

I haven't played with file storage and retrieval other than setting up the capabilities. It's encouraging to know that a RESTful API solution exists as well.

Thanks again,

Angela

Labels