Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

compare columns

rquint72
7 - Meteor

hi my name is Rinaldo and im trying to compare these columns with right side but they are using symbols into the columns, what will be the data type i must use to create a formula is compering these column when it is check = YES and blank or N/A = NO.. .. i need some help on thi

rquint72_0-1660142675151.png

20 REPLIES 20
Luke_C
17 - Castor

I can't assist much further without the data, perhaps someone else has worked with these characters before. Posting screenshots of data is typically not as helpful as sharing the data itself as people on the community won't have to waste their time re-keying it in. It's even more important when special characters are in play. 

I'd suggest reading this blog:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/General-Discussions/Posting-for-fastest-possible-solution/td-p/6916...

rquint72
7 - Meteor
R&D CreditR&D Super-DeductionPatent or Innovation Box
YesNoNo
YesNoNo

rquint72_0-1660156047513.png

im  only comparing these three columns to the matching three columns in the slide deck... 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Understood - did you have any feedback on the solution I posted that shows how to compare the 3 columns with Yes/No values? That should hopefully get you on the right track.

rquint72
7 - Meteor

rquint72_1-1660156633916.png

only comparing these three columns to the matching three columns in the slide deck.. first column has check mark and excel say yes.. second one blank and excel say no.. and go on .. ... sorry Luke .. it sometime hard to explain

rquint72
7 - Meteor

so would be 3 formulas for each column .. 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

And how is the data from the slide deck being input? Do you expect Alteryx to scan your screenshot? Help us out by giving us an excel file with your sample inputs and expected outputs. 

rquint72
7 - Meteor

luke.. i just want to create 3 formulas .. 3 new column in alteryx where I can match the data created by the formula with the info in slide deck.. slide deck is just the guide to match not to compare . for example you sent me this formula IF [CountDistinct_Value] > 1 then 'Different'
Else 'Same'
Endif

how i can use this formula wiht my data in excel indicating R&D credit = YES as slide deck is showing wiht check mark 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @rquint72 

how i can use this formula wiht my data in excel indicating R&D credit = YES as slide deck is showing wiht check mark

Without seeing your data it's tough to say. Unfortunately I can't work off of screenshots. Like I said above, if you provide an excel file with your sample inputs and expected outputs then someone here can definitely help you do a formula. 

rquint72
7 - Meteor

luke .. this an excel file let me know if it works for you.. thanks

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Thanks, so I understand correctly you'd like to compare it to the deck with the check marks? How is that saved? I don't believe powerpoints can be input. If it's a PDF, do you have intelligence suite?

Labels