Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

compare columns

rquint72
7 - Meteor

hi my name is Rinaldo and im trying to compare these columns with right side but they are using symbols into the columns, what will be the data type i must use to create a formula is compering these column when it is check = YES and blank or N/A = NO.. .. i need some help on thi

rquint72_0-1660142675151.png

20 REPLIES 20
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @rquint72 Can you share the data please? A bit tough to re-type it into an example.

To check for empty cells you could use an 'isempty()' function. Are you trying to compare all 3 columns?

rquint72
7 - Meteor

no .. just compare each one with the right side .. for example R&D credit comparing right R&D credit column .. i mean i have created two columns left and right using join tool in alteryx to make a comparison. 

IF [R&D Credit] =  [Right_R&D Credit] THEN  "YES"  ELSE "NO" ENDIF.. but since each column has a symbol like check  and N/A and empty space.. this formula is not working like this.. 
rquint72
7 - Meteor

luke .. yes. i was wrong . .i need to compare all 3 columns 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @rquint72 Please share the data in a usable format. Would be tough to recreate otherwise. 

rquint72
7 - Meteor

rquint72_0-1660151143786.png

Luke, this the data that im using to compare the R&D Credit, R&D Super-Deduction, and Patent or Innovation Box columns (in orange) against slide 9 of the R&D Brochure slide deck

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @rquint72 You'd have to export the workflow as a yxzp for the data to be included (options>Export Workflow), or convert to text inputs to share on the community. Be sure none of this information is confidential - sample data would suffice to show you some options. 

rquint72
7 - Meteor

rquint72_0-1660152200074.png

this is the example i have of the data

Luke_C
17 - Castor

I'm confused then. Where are the checkmarks & N/As? Here's an example that shows a few ways to compare columns. Hopefully this gets you on the right track. Otherwise please provide a representative dataset (not a screenshot). 

Luke_C_0-1660152588147.png

rquint72
7 - Meteor

rquint72_0-1660152995894.png

luke .. these above are 3 column i have to compare. but each column has symbol of check , N/A and empty spaces... so i need to do this comparation using the info data above .. if check symbol is YES and empty and N/A is NO.. this is the formula i need to create ..

Labels