Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

colour the cell with different colours

Ekta
8 - Asteroid

Hi folks,

I have a data of few columns, and last column is the total -- in my output excel , i would like to colour the cells of this column with different colours like

for the cells having values between 0 to 5 as red, 

cells having values more than 25 as green and all other cell as pink.

I tried using basic tool but no luck .. may be i am not doing something correct -- please help me with this.

Also if this formatting is done . how we output the data?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You have to use the reporting tools, in your case, the table tool.

After, you click on the bottom on 'Edit row rules' and apply the ones you wish. In this example, I added the rule to change the text color to blue if the sales were more than 450000

Cheers

Untitled.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

When you say "basic tool", do you mean the Output tool? If so, that tool is not capable of producing the output you desire. The Table tool (in the Reporting tool category) will allow you to apply custom formatting styles to your data, then the Render tool will allow that custom table to be produced in an Excel (.xlsx) format. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Table/ta-p/49555

Ekta
8 - Asteroid

Hi Charlie, 

Thanks for the reply-- I have tried a lot .. could not get the desired cell colouring for my output .

I could output the data using render tool.

Attached is the screenshot for the desired colouring.

data greater than 25 -- red background colour

data less than 5 ie 0,1,2,3,4,5 in green background colour ..

rest all the remaining cells in pink colour.

Please help me with this.

I think i am writing wrong formula

IF [sales]> 25 THEN "background-color:red;" ELSEIF 0 < [sales] >6 THEN "background-color: green;" ELSE "background-color:orange" ENDIF

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

There you go

You only have to enter in the render tool and select the destination and file format.

cheers

Ekta
8 - Asteroid

Thanks much.. i could correctly get my two colours -- red and green --

i would like to colour all the left over cells as pink  

means all the cells with 6 to  24 (26,27,28 so on ) and all the cells with less than 0 as PINK .

How to change the formula .

Thanks a lot

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Ekta,

On the table tool click on Edit. There you will see the rules that I did apply. Select the one you want to modify and change the Formula as you wish.

Cheers

Untitled.png

Ekta
8 - Asteroid

Thanks much :)

Labels