Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

choosing the largest amount

azuzu
7 - Meteor

hi, i am new to Alteryx and i am trying to sort data from pic 1 to pic 2 which means when 1 amount of favourite is higher than the another one and they fall under the same Child, it will considered as the only favourite, a new column is created/existing column will be updated to become pic 2 

pic 1pic 1pic 2pic 2

4 REPLIES 4
mborriero
11 - Bolide

Please find workbook attached.

I have used a Summarize tool and I group by Granny, Parents and Child and choose the MAX of Favourite.

azuzu
7 - Meteor

hi mborriero,

sorry i forgot to include another column that contains different data. below is the new column appended and the new output that i am looking for. any #N/A value when be compared to others, it will display the other value instead of #N/A even though #N/A is higher. please refer to pic 3 as the existing table and pic 4 the new output.

pic 3pic 3pic 4pic 4

mborriero
11 - Bolide

@azuzuI have added a formula that replace N/A with null, then I did the same summarize as before, in order to find the MAX for the favourite and joined back to the original table.

azuzu
7 - Meteor

it works! thank you for your help :)

Labels