Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

choosing the largest amount

azuzu
7 - Meteor

hi, i am new to Alteryx and i am trying to sort data from pic 1 to pic 2 which means when 1 amount of favourite is higher than the another one and they fall under the same Child, it will considered as the only favourite, a new column is created/existing column will be updated to become pic 2 

pic 1pic 1pic 2pic 2

4 REPLIES 4
mborriero
11 - Bolide

Please find workbook attached.

I have used a Summarize tool and I group by Granny, Parents and Child and choose the MAX of Favourite.

azuzu
7 - Meteor

hi mborriero,

sorry i forgot to include another column that contains different data. below is the new column appended and the new output that i am looking for. any #N/A value when be compared to others, it will display the other value instead of #N/A even though #N/A is higher. please refer to pic 3 as the existing table and pic 4 the new output.

pic 3pic 3pic 4pic 4

mborriero
11 - Bolide

@azuzuI have added a formula that replace N/A with null, then I did the same summarize as before, in order to find the MAX for the favourite and joined back to the original table.

azuzu
7 - Meteor

it works! thank you for your help :)

Labels