Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

checking for files that fail to import in bulk import function

plundgren
6 - Meteoroid

So here's my situation: I need to import multiple Excel files into a raw data set. I've already figured out how to do that basic part (based on using the "*" wildcard in the file name), but I need to be able to track any files that fail due to incorrect schema or column names or whatever.

My preferred solution would be to have a log file of some description that would give me the basic warning message that I get from the "Results" window, saying which file failed and what the problem was. I would need to have it possibly iterate it through the list of Results lines to do so. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@plundgren There are logs being generated for every time you press the 'run' button in designer. 

You can turn them on by going to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings. In the default section, you can overwrite the system settings and turn on your logs. You can then read in these logs and parse them accordingly. 

Digan
Alteryx
plundgren
6 - Meteoroid

I appreciate the assist. Thank you.

Labels