Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

check if there are any excel,pdf,csv at the end of the path

Ultralightbeam
8 - Asteroid

Hello guys,
I am pulling a column straight from SQL which has the path location of the project. 

I am using FileExists function if the path exists on our drive however I want to check if the path contains any files.
Note: the file name is dynamic and does not have standardized naming.

3 REPLIES 3
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Ultralightbeam 

You can use the macro I attached in order to load the list of files, then you can check if any or a specific file exists.

Check out the WF I attached in order to see how the macro works.

Pedro.

Ultralightbeam
8 - Asteroid

@pedrodrfaria  sorry i am new to alteryx, I did not understand the tools you've used and haven't seen them before.

I think I can't use the directory since the path is from an sql column.

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Ultralightbeam 

You had mentioned that you were using file exists function to search your Drive.

Does the Path you are talking about point at a Drive you have? Is this Drive mapped to your computer?

If I understood correctly, you pull this sql table that contains a column and in this column you have a directory path to your shared drive that you have mapped to your computer.

If this is correct, you probably need to update the beginning of the path to be your computer's path and then you can use the directory macro that I had sent in order to read that path and load the name of any files over there.

Pedro.

Labels