Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

chanied app: mapping

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have tried to make a chained app using Airbnb datasets. What I would like to do is, if I select a city and one of distircts in the city in sequence, prices and locations of Airbnb in that area would be displayed on a map.

I followed eaxactly the same steps as 'Alteryx Chained App' video showed. However, I could not get the result as I expected. Is mapping not allowed on a chained app?     

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@hajeong 
I dont know much about the chained apps, but dont seem to need a chain app in your case.
maybe you can upload your sample flow?

hajeong
7 - Meteor

@Qiu Hi

Here is what I have done so far!

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hajeong 

Drop Down tool in App2 needs specific field name. It should be NAME and VALUE.

Please rewrite the output field name in Summarize tool from neighboorhood_group and neighborhood to NAME and VALUE.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1641783958508.png

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi @AkimasaKajitani 

I changed the field name as you showed, but it's still not working. I wonder why this chained app is not working well on my workflow. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hajeong 

What issue are you facing? are you getting error or no data?

Can you provide file AB_NYC_2019.csv? we can help you out with a working example.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I checked your workflow once again.

1. Did you check the "On Success" at Interface Designer and specify the app2.yzwz?

AkimasaKajitani_0-1641907153214.png

2. In app2.yxwz, the action tool have the value of specific string that has useless blanks in it. Please delete the space.

AkimasaKajitani_1-1641907988902.png

3. In app1, the setting of this screenshot is correct.

NAME field and VALUE field are the same(not neighborhood_group field).

AkimasaKajitani_2-1641908391481.png

When you make the chainned app, I recommend using relative paths at all tools that handle file paths.

And I found the source file in Kaggle.

https://www.kaggle.com/dgomonov/new-york-city-airbnb-open-data?select=AB_NYC_2019.csv

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 @AkimasaKajitani 

I checked my workflow again and I found a blank on the action tool as @AkimasaKajitani mentioned. AND IT WORKS after I corrected it. Thank you everyone!

Labels