Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

chanied app: mapping

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have tried to make a chained app using Airbnb datasets. What I would like to do is, if I select a city and one of distircts in the city in sequence, prices and locations of Airbnb in that area would be displayed on a map.

I followed eaxactly the same steps as 'Alteryx Chained App' video showed. However, I could not get the result as I expected. Is mapping not allowed on a chained app?     

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@hajeong 
I dont know much about the chained apps, but dont seem to need a chain app in your case.
maybe you can upload your sample flow?

hajeong
7 - Meteor

@Qiu Hi

Here is what I have done so far!

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hajeong 

Drop Down tool in App2 needs specific field name. It should be NAME and VALUE.

Please rewrite the output field name in Summarize tool from neighboorhood_group and neighborhood to NAME and VALUE.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1641783958508.png

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi @AkimasaKajitani 

I changed the field name as you showed, but it's still not working. I wonder why this chained app is not working well on my workflow. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hajeong 

What issue are you facing? are you getting error or no data?

Can you provide file AB_NYC_2019.csv? we can help you out with a working example.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I checked your workflow once again.

1. Did you check the "On Success" at Interface Designer and specify the app2.yzwz?

AkimasaKajitani_0-1641907153214.png

2. In app2.yxwz, the action tool have the value of specific string that has useless blanks in it. Please delete the space.

AkimasaKajitani_1-1641907988902.png

3. In app1, the setting of this screenshot is correct.

NAME field and VALUE field are the same(not neighborhood_group field).

AkimasaKajitani_2-1641908391481.png

When you make the chainned app, I recommend using relative paths at all tools that handle file paths.

And I found the source file in Kaggle.

https://www.kaggle.com/dgomonov/new-york-city-airbnb-open-data?select=AB_NYC_2019.csv

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 @AkimasaKajitani 

I checked my workflow again and I found a blank on the action tool as @AkimasaKajitani mentioned. AND IT WORKS after I corrected it. Thank you everyone!

Labels