Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

changing a column

VeronicaElse
8 - Asteroid

Hello

I want to write a formula if where a column named state has NHCTX and NHCIL I want the output to only come out as TX and IL only wout the NHC infront of it.

can you help plz?

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

IF [state] IN ("NHCTX", "NHCIL")

THEN Right([state],2)

ELSE [State]

Endif

Here is a list of al functions: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/functions

Chris

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@VeronicaElse,

Please see below how you can do it:

messi007_0-1616692997497.png

Attached the workflow,

If this solve the need please mark it as solved, it will help others,

Regards

VeronicaElse
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for replying -so the state  column will have TX replace NHCTX and IL to replace  NHCIL in the same column in the output?

VeronicaElse
8 - Asteroid

But, I have one column that contains NHCIL and NHCTX and I need them to output on the same column but without the NHC infront of them

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

are you trying to say... 

I have one column that contains NHCIL and a separate column that contains NHCTX  ?

Can you provide an Excel file with some sample input data, may 20 rows of data?  And an example of what you the output to look like.

Chris

VeronicaElse
8 - Asteroid

No, I have one column named state that has  NHCTX and NHCIL  but I need this same state column to  show in output as TX and IL in the same  column. I need the column to stay the same besides removing the NHC infront of the states.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

In the Formula tool, select your existing field name in the drop-down for Select Column.  This will update the value in your existing field.

Chris

Labels