Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

can someone shed some light, dynamically changing workflow Alteryx

rmenhem1
5 - Atom

Can someone shed some light, like Lumos  I would like to know how we can or we could dynamically be changing workflow Alteryx like we have in R (R-in a loop setting)?

5 REPLIES 5
DanC

Hi @rmenhem1. Could you provide a little more detail into what you are trying to accomplish? Perhaps, can you provide a simple example?

Thank you!

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
rmenhem1
5 - Atom

Hi @DanC , I would like to dynamically insert into a model for example , data from the archive. How would I be able to work with it if the model changes as published with new data, so for a simple example an approximation to pi, as If the iterations on pi change or method of iteration changes depending on a previous result hypothetically, or it can be iterative forecast based on the model, which depends on the data.

DanC

When you say "dynamically insert into a model", are you referring to inserting code into an R tool?

Dan Chapman
rmenhem1
5 - Atom

Hi Dan, Yes I would like to play with the R code, to find the main drivers in the analysis, so that It dynamically updates recursively the data to find estimates for the marginal effect as we update the data, this estimate data is then generated recursively, as the analysis is done. How do you get the estimates and would alteryx show spikes for large deviancies or deviations when you are controlling for one variable to calculate your estimate?

Thanks,

RM

DanC

Hi @rmenhem1,

Unfortunately, your question goes above and beyond our support capabilities. I would suggest that you go through some of the other Community posts in the Advanced Analytics section and look for other users that appear to have the type of R knowledge necessary to assist you with these questions. Then, tag them in this post and see if you get any responses. Another suggestion, and I'm not sure if this would help you with your needs in any way, is to utilize Batch or Iterative macros, along with the Interface tools, to modify your R code during the workflow run:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/BatchMacro.htm

https://help.alteryx.com/current/index.htm#IterativeMacro.htm

Thank you, and sorry that we cannot be of any additional assistance.

Dan Chapman
Labels