Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

calculate number of days and convert into string

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Thanks for your time,

I have a field in SQL server with datatype as nvarchar(255)...and it includes the dates in MM/DD/YYYY format...

I need to calculate the number of days and convert it into string so that in the same column i can have Gap when there is no date value and a number when there is a date in it...

If([SignoffDate] = 'Gap', 'No-Data', [SignoffDate]+365 -today()   )   as SignOffForecast  (Minus today() we dont need to consider the timepart

once the number of days are caclulated convert to string so that it can have No-Data or the number of days

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Raj_007 
Not 100% sure about the your formula part, but I am sure you can get some hints.

0215-Raj_007.PNG

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi Qiu,

Thank you so much, for some reason i am getting this error (attached)

the calculation should be SignoffDate + 365 - today()  = we should 365 days to the signoffdate then take out today from the calculation

thank you so much

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

could someone help.. i need to calculate the number of days from the datevalue then convert into string so that i can have the string value like "No Data"

when i try to open the file provided by Qui.. it gives me an error

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Raj_007 ,

you could use a Formula tool:

2021-02-18_13-18-39.jpg

Within the formula you can use a condition, if conversion should be done.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Raj_007 

What error are you getting? I saw that you were able to open the workflow @Qiu sent. 

I believe the function is doing what you asked. SignoffDate + 365 - today(), in this case is doing SignoffDate - today + 365. Which is the same thing.

DateTimeDiff([SignoffDate_Out],DateTimeToday(),"Days")+365 

Is this not what you are looking for?

Pedro.

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much pedrodfaria - i was getting conversion error - but the solution provided by Roland works very well

thanks a lot - really appreciate your time - 

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi Roland, thank you so much...so the input format is the key here and converting it into string... really ..appreciate your time

Labels