Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

bulk upload Excel sheets to Alteryx Designer

LEXQ2005
8 - Asteroid

I have sales data for each store saved in individual sheet in the same Excel file. The sheets use the same naming pattern, for example, Sales, Store A, Sales, Store B.....Sales, Store X.  When there's new store sales data, it will follow the same naming pattern.

Below is my current solution. However, it cannot dynamically add new store data.

Is there any bulk upload solution that I can input all sales data at once, and dynamically add data from sheets of new stores in the future?

1.png

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LEXQ2005 if you read this link  the first example is exactly what you need and would handle if new stores are added. I mocked up an example and attached to this post.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Rather than selecting a specific sheet in your data inputs, you can select the option to pull in the list of sheet names. You can then attach a Dynamic Input tool which is able to stack the data from all of those sheets in one tool. 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @LEXQ2005 ,

a more flexible solution would be to use an Input tool to get a list of all sheets in the Excel file (instead of selecting a sheet name, select the option "Import only the list of sheet names". Connect this Input tool to a Dynamic Input tool. You have to select one of the sheets in your Excel file as a template and use the list of sheet names from the Input tool as List of data sources. This should work for existing, but also for new sheets. Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Roland

Labels