Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

bi-weekly formula help needed

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I'm needing a formula that can determine if an even number of weeks have passed since a given date.  In other words StartDate = 2022-10-14.  That is a Friday.  When the WF runs I need a 'Y' if run at two weeks and four weeks etc. and a 'N' on all other days.

This is needed because the scheduler can't do every other Friday.  

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Brad1 ,

CarliE_1-1665166790703.png

You can use a formula to get the difference in weeks between the start date and the date and then use a formula to say if its even or odd.

Does this help to solve your problem? If so, please be sure to mark it as a solution

Carli
Brad1
11 - Bolide

I changed the formula to this abs(ceil(DateTimeDiff([start date],DateTimeToday(),'days')/7))

and will only use one Start Date from the Input and won't need a grid of future dates.

It works.  Thanks.

joelmiller66
9 - Comet

@Brad1 You also can also identify the week number for the calendar year by using the specifier %W. 

This will make it easier to get the difference calculation.

Example: DateTimeFormat([Date],"%W")

joelmiller66_0-1665170339233.png

Brad1
11 - Bolide

This my altered answer from Carli.  Thanks everyone.  I now have a bi-weekly scheduled WF.  I join in results with a hard-coded 'Y' and results either make to the end of the WF and get emailed or the don't.

Brad1_1-1665223547755.png

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Dynamic Bi-Weekly Schedule example.

Labels