Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

batch files and linking

AA007
8 - Asteroid

I have 10 workflows.
A,B,C, D,E,F,G,H,I,J.
A, B, C, and D can be run simultaneously and E needs to run after D is completed running and rest of the workflows after E can run simultaneously till I and J needs to run after I is complete.

i made events before run and after run but events with batch files make the workflow run after the batch file is kicked off.

need some ideas on linking workflows

5 REPLIES 5
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AA007 ,

I recommend the CREW Runner Macros for this:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Crew-Macro-Pack-2016-Q2-Release/ba-p/26482

screenshot.png

Here you can find some examples:

https://mixpixviz.blogspot.com/2017/06/running-to-get-organized-runner-macros.html

screenshot2.PNG

Best regards 

Phil

AA007
8 - Asteroid

i have events that call a batch file in a workflow such that list runner would just treat them as run where as certain batch files use python script to run other databases to run and re-run required files.
It is just that how would it be better to get to automation?

@PhilippK 

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AA007 ,

can you please rephrase your question or expand on it? I do not 100% understand it:

"It is just that how would it be better to get to automation?"

Thank you and best regards

Phil

AA007
8 - Asteroid

The point at the end of the day is getting my workflows and my events and process run in an order such that it won't require much of manual handling except in case of errors. So just wanted to get to a process of automation where workflows and batch files and events can be linked from A to J or A to Z but in an sequence where A to E might run simultaneously and then might come a part where F runs a bunch of events and .py files and then we go to the G.

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Got it.

In this regard, the different CREW Runner Macros are the best tools for you in my opinion.

For further details, please review my previous answer.

Have a great day

Phil

Labels