Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

automatically read the files from the folder & populate the data for the respective header

Ekta
8 - Asteroid

Dear frnds,
I am new to alteryx , much help will be appreciated.
Problem : I am attaching sample of my input files .. I have 100 Plus such files ..
format remain same for each file but headers differs. We can skip first 5 rows and make the 6 th line as header .
Desired output : I am attaching the sample output .
Since the header in all the files remains between jan to Dec , I would like to combine all the files into one by population the data for the respective header name (months)
I have 100 Plus files so I would like to automatically read the files from the folder .
Please help me to provide the solution for this .
Thank a lot

15 REPLIES 15
Ekta
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot for the awesome workflow, i have one more doubt and i tried to do it but failed.

Appreciate your help:)

Input is the previous file only.. 

In previous workflow, we ignored first 5 rows but now i need to extract fifth line with is in first column(A). it has Start date: and End Date:

i need to extract these two dates for each excel by creating a seperate column and populating it.

Please help me with the workflow.

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

How about the attached?

NJT
11 - Bolide

Thanks for sharing this, I was trying to follow the YouTube video where you create this macro but I couldn't figure out what to set in the Update Value tool. 

Ekta
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Thanks a lot for the amazing workflow, i am facing an issue now in the macro - when i am running the workflow macro is giving me the error that- The 2017-10-10 windows security patch prevents the jet driver from reading .xls files; install the 2010 32 bit access driver.

what does this means?what i need to do ?

Please help

Best Regards

Ekta
8 - Asteroid

@Joe_Mako 

Hi, Thanks a lot for the amazing workflow, i am facing an issue now in the macro - when i am running the workflow macro is giving me the error that- The 2017-10-10 windows security patch prevents the jet driver from reading .xls files; install the 2010 32 bit access driver.

what does this means?what i need to do ?

Please help

Best Regards

siva1410
5 - Atom

@kat 

Hi Kat, in the above scenario, you have created a batch macro to read all the files inside a folder and update them with new headers. My question is where you are inputting the actual file which has those header names to be considered for renaming the headers in other files inside a folder? Your help will be much appreciated!!!:-)

Labels