Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

append the new data if and only if its new (don’t want to append duplicate entries)

Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hello Community, 

I am looking for a help in building something. 

I want to store the outputs first time when run the workflow on Box. After that I want to re-run the workflow with new clients as we get them, for those additional runs I’ll want to look up the stored files and append the new data if and only if its new (we don’t want to append duplicate entries).

Any suggestions and help how to achieve this? It will be great if anyone has build this kind of solution then please share the sample workflow. 

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kurohits,

I have created a workflow for you:

Emil_Kos_0-1624345402592.png

Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hi @Emil_Kos 

Thanks for quick response. Much Appreciated your help. 

I also thought of the same way of achieving this but the approach that I am looking for is something different. Let me phrase my question appropriately. 

There is a workflow which read and write data on box. When we run the workflow very first time, the output will get stored on box and after that we will re-run the workflow with new clients as we get them, for those additional runs we’ll want to look up the stored files and append the new data if and only if its new (we don’t want to append duplicate entries). So I think we need to add some logic to check if the data already exists in our stored files, and write to the file if its new.

Can you please re-look and help me out. 

Thanks !!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kurohits,

So maybe you will first check if the file in a certain directory already exists. If it exists then the first workflow already created it. 

I have prepared a mockup workflow for you. 

Emil_Kos_0-1624348258381.png

Labels