Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

append field tool issue

minakshi
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,
Can anyone tell me why I am getting the below error in the append tool?

minakshi_0-1631521276882.png

5 REPLIES 5
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @minakshi ,

I think this is related to the amount of data in the second data source. If I am not mistaken it takes into consideration amount of columns. 

You can disable it. Please look at the bottom of the screen below for reference. 

Emil_Kos_0-1631521574481.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @minakshi,

Sorry amount of rows not columns 🙂 

binay2448
11 - Bolide

You can ignore it by selecting "Allow All Appends".

binay2448_0-1631521742229.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@minakshi,

@Emil_Kos solution's will work for you. 

However, be very careful when doing this. The append tool performs a Cartesian Join on the two input datasets, so if both datasets have 100 rows, the output will have 10,000 rows. The data can quickly become very large, and so it is recommended to leave the error setting on to prevent this from happening.

Regards,

mst3k
11 - Bolide

for what it's worth, the dropdown setting in the append tool configuration that the others have mentioned is the way to resolve this, but in the resolution/monitor/configurations etc i've had, that setting always requires you to scroll down to it in the configuration, which is not obvious because there's a whole bunch of white space in the configuration so you're likely to think there's nothing below it. you just have to know it's there or be very observant...

Labels