Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

alteryx workflow run very very slow

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

my workflow is basically several layers, first exact match and join then fuzzy match, I was able to generate output file quite fast, but a few days ago, same workflow suddenly can't generate report and it keep running whole night and the next morning is till running, I never changed this workflow, just upload two updated excel file to match.

Can I ask whats the reason of it that slow running? I thought was not enough RAM, so I use new laptop which is 32GB memory, but still keeping running whole night and not generate report.

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @lilyyangadsk 

You mention that the workflow uses Excel files, but the workflow you attached actually reads from .yxdb files.  Can you please provide more details about this?  How many records are in your two excel files and the input files that you're doing the matches on?

Can you provide some sample data?

Dan

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Here is the two sample file for match. The original file is 46873 records to match with 22544 records. Yesterday I run the whole night and next morning still running.

Labels