Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

alteryx gallery upload zip/7zip "Requested file format is not supported."

AliEB
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I need to upload a zip or 7zip in our gallary to extract all excelfile inside this compressed file and upload them in our PostgreSQL. When I try to upload the compressed file to an app in the gallary in is always saying: "Requested file format is not supported.".

here is how my workflow looks like:

AliEB_0-1638785157345.png

thanks and best regards

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AliEB ,

As far as I'm aware the File and Folder browse tools are not supported in the gallery. There are reasons for this, around security, folder paths being different across servers etc.

Read this thread to learn more, and maybe use a workaround:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Folder-Browse-Not-Available-on-Galler...

M.

Bulien

AliEB
7 - Meteor

There are many issues with this workaround:

1. The user has to copy the full directory which is really not the best practice

2. This approach only allows for defining a path ON THE SERVER the gallery runs

I just want the user to upload a zip file the server and extract it.

alghammari
5 - Atom

Are there any solutions to this as I am facing the same problem? 
I have also added the (*.zip) | *.zip at the arbitrary File Specification. But still I receive the error "The requested file format is not supported" on the Gallary

alghammari_0-1638884299515.png

Labels