Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

alteryx certification

rraguram88
5 - Atom

Hi,

I cleared my alteryx core exam on 10/20/2019. Till today I have not got my certification.

Can someone guide me how can I get that? or is there is any page available to download my certification.

Thanks,

Ragu

7 REPLIES 7
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
I’m not sure if this is still the case, but it applied when the certification could only be registered for the month before and then taken the month after, that certification for the exam was sent out at the start of the next month. So you should get it by the start of November.

This may have changed now that the process for registering for the exam is on demand. But I know a lot of the Certification team were at Inspire in London last week.
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The certification page says: "If you pass, your badge will be added to your Community account immediately and you'll receive your certificate via email within 24-48 hours."

Once 48 hours passes, I'm sure you could email certification@alteryx.com and they'll be able to help. 

davechndr
9 - Comet

Mr. Goodman,

I have the following related question:

I passed the Alteryx Core Exam on Monday, July 23rd, 2018, and have been certified at this level since that date. When reminded to keep my Alteryx Core Certification active last year (around this time), I was not made to retake the Alteryx Core Exam, provided that I went through a few steps to not let my certificate expire. It appears (from the email I received in May 2020 - attached with this note) that the requirement to keep a certificate current, has changed -that we must retake the Core Exam to keep our current Alteryx Core Certifications active, even if we have been keeping them active on a yearly basis, since first getting certified/passing the Alteryx Core Exam.

Am I correct in saying the above? If retaking the exam is not needed, would you please let me know how I can keep my Alteryx Core Certification active without the need to retake this test?

Thank you, Mr. Goodman.

@davechndr 

EricR

Hi @davechndr ,

Certifications are valid for two years from the date earned.  In order to maintain your Core certification, you must pass the Core exam again, or pass the Advanced exam.  Recertification attempts may be taken starting one year after your certification date.

If your Core certification lapses, you can recertify by passing the exam again.  The only way to maintain your certification is to pass the exam, there are no alternative routes.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Eric

Alteryx Certification Team

Certification@alteryx.com

davechndr
9 - Comet

Hi @EricR,

Thank you for your reply and I understand.

I have another question - where can I find Sample examinations for the Alteryx Advanced Designer Examination? Preferably, I'd like to take a sample set of questions, timed, to get a feel for the 44-question, second-level certification exam and what to expect on the real exam.

@davechndr 

EricR

Hi @davechndr ,

There are 5 MC problems and 1 practical application problem on the Advanced Certification Prep Guide.  If you are trying to pace yourself, a good estimate is roughly 1 to 1.5 minutes per MC problem and 15-18 minutes for the practical application, or roughly 23 minutes to complete those 6 problems.

I would also recommend watching our videos on the Advanced exam, especially Part VI.  This video will give you an overview of the exam, and there are some timed practice questions at the end as well.

All the best,

Eric

Alteryx Certification Team

davechndr
9 - Comet

Good morning @EricR ,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have the "Advanced Exam Preparation Guide" and found the six (6) Questions/Sample Questions that you are referring me to.

I will let you know if I have further questions on the Advanced Exam.

Take care, Eric, and thanks again!

@davechndr 

Labels