Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

allow multiple data types as a macro input?

Matthew
11 - Bolide

hello, ive written a macro that creates an exponential regression curve for any input data (yes i know an exponential curve doesn't fit this example data very well)

the problem i'm trying to solve is that this macro expects the x variable to be an integer... if i want to use dates on the x axis, then i need to use the time series filler tool, then use a tile row number as a date substitute...

is there any way to make this macro accept both data types? (integer or date)

Side question: is it possible to modify this macro to create a separate regression curve for each data group?

the macro:

NothingButThyme_0-1637343038902.png

the workflow:

NothingButThyme_1-1637343061597.png

2 REPLIES 2
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Matthew ,

I tried to make the workflow to make your request come true.

1. I used the Detour tool to input 2 type data. You can select the macro option to change the data type.

2. I used the Batch macro to create the separate regression curve for each data group.

AkimasaKajitani_1-1637375258373.png

AkimasaKajitani_0-1637375235874.png

Does it work well for you?

Matthew
11 - Bolide

@AkimasaKajitani 

Thank you! You're absolutely right, the batch macro functionality is exactly what I needed to make this work the way it needs to.

I now get a curve output, and the curve formula output for each inputted group, this is perfect

NothingButThyme_0-1637424841731.png

i wish the batch macro could infer the groups to use based on the unique values in the grouping column rather than requiring me to explicitly provide a separate input for the groups.. but i can live with this, it works! thanks again!

Labels