Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

adding specific columns from one file to another

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm looking to take specific columns from one file and add it onto other file (underneath previous data), how would i go about this, pretty new to Altreyx so any example workflow would be great, many thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @chiragpatel_1 , from the sounds of it, you'll want to make use of the Input Data Tool and the Union Tool  .  The links are from the Tool Mastery Index , which will be very valuable to you as you start on  your journey.  I also highly suggest heading over to the Academy section of the Community where you'll find lots of free tutorials, videos, and learning paths (starting at beginner).  
Cheers!

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @chiragpatel_1,

This would be a union tool, you'll actually find a great example embedded within the tool which takes you through the configuration and different options!

Search for Union in the search bar (top right of the interface), you'll see it in the dropdown and select the example button, this will open a new workflow tab with worked examples of how to use the tool.

JonathanSherman_1-1636463948581.png

JonathanSherman_0-1636463832748.png

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Labels