Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Zip the Alteryx outputs and upload the folder for gallery users

ArunKumarShukla
6 - Meteoroid

I have 27 xlsx output from Alteryx which is storing in a folder, If I want o share these files through the gallery then the user needs to click 27 times to download all files.

I think if I use vbs script to zip all files and create a zip folder then share it with users then with one click user will be able to download zip folder. But the challenges are

1. how to run vbs(for zip) script to zip the folder.

2.  how to upload the zip folder in workflow and end user will be able to download it from gallery.

3. Is there any other way like if we are producing multiple files with different names then how the gallery user will download all files with one click.

Regards,

Arun

1 REPLY 1
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ArunKumarShukla I would recommend using a file or network share to share these 27 files. It does not make sense create a workflow where the users have to click 27 times. You can even upload the files to a file share (box, dropbox etc) and share the link with the users in the workflow. 

Digan
Alteryx
Labels