Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Zip Code Lists

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can download a free list of 9 digit zip codes?  Having no luck with the google. 

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jbh1128d1,

I suppose the real question should be, what business case am I trying to solve for?  9 digit zip codes are not free.  I don't think that they are static either.  As delivery routes are updated with new construction (an example) new codes are created.  I'm sure that there is some logic where values like 0000 don't exist and if you see that number then it could be fake.  

Generally, firms need the value as part of CASS certification requirements for postal discounts.  The value alone might give you an idea of the deliverability of an address if you assume that the presence of a non-empty value means that at some point in time, the address was verified.  Alteryx provides CASS as a data service within Alteryx ($ extra).  You might look to MellisaData for other lookup needs.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball
Thanks Mark. We have CASS but it’s missing around 300 zips for Illinois that we need to map as part of a territory production workflow.

Maybe I can justify the purchase. Had to do due diligence before asking for funds though.

Jordan

Sent from my iPhone

***** PLEASE NOTE ***** This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential information and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action against you. Please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any accompanying documents. Thank you.*****
EricM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jbh1128d1

The missing ZIPs that you mentioned may be point based ZIP codes. By default, only Polygon ZIPs are enabled in the Allocate Input tool.  Enabling point zips gives you access to an additional ~10K ZIPs.  

Here is a link to an Alteryx Knowledge Base post that explains how to enable point ZIPs (also attached the article to this post).  

I hope this is helpful!

Cheers, 

Eric

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Thanks @EricM.  The link did not work but the document did.  Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the point zip files.  I'll continue to try and locate the files but I'll consider this a solution.

lnguyen
8 - Asteroid

I am not sure if you are still on this project.  I have been using this website to get all postal codes.  Link is below

http://download.geonames.org/export/zip/

Labels