Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ZIP5 into ZIP9

TFelop
6 - Meteoroid

I have a list of 150+ Zip codes (no addresses, just zips) that I would like to use to create spacial objects to do some high-level geocoding/drive time analysis. Is there any way to reconfigure the ZIP9 tool to accept the ZIP5 format?

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@TFelop Wherever you have installed that Alteryx data (it can be either locally or on the network), there should be a folder called "ZIP9CODER". Inside there will be a subfolder like "Zip9Coder_2019_Q2". Inside there is a yxdb file called "Zip4Code.yxdb". This would have the zip5 and zip4 in separate fields so you could join your zip5 to that table and get all the possible zip+4s along with the spatial data you're after.

TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@TFelop Another option - if you have at least the Location Insights package - is to use the Census 2010 data (Allocate Input) and grab the ZIP5 spatial boundaries in there. You can then use the Spatial Info tool to generate the centroid of the polygon.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread, with the posts by @TravisR and @patrick_digan. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Ben

Labels