Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

YXMD Canvas Extract to PDF?

hgoodwinfluke
5 - Atom

Hello - I was curious if there's a way to extract the Canvas of a XYMD Workflow into an Adobe PDF Format?  Essentially, I'm looking for the ability to visualize the layout of the Workflow outside of Alteryx, in order to communicate with Non-Alteryx Users on how the Workflow looks/works.  Would be similar to how it looks in Alteryx (except not being able to run the Workflow). 

If there's a way to extract screenshots of the Results panes too, that would be a bonus so I wouldn't have to do them manually :-)

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Try a tool like UiPath.

Or some other automation tool that can capture screen shots.

Chris

hgoodwinfluke
5 - Atom

I'd prefer, if possible, if I could get it all in one extract (similar to a ledger-sized placemat)...

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Alteryx doesn't have a tool to capture screenshots, or images of a workflow.  

Not sure if you could accomplish that with a Powershell script.  You'd need to open the workflow, Zoom to show the entire flow, then screenshot.  Alteryx doesn't have any GUI automation to accomplish the Zoom step.

Chris

hgoodwinfluke
5 - Atom

I think I figured it out.  There's a Print option within Alteryx to export to PDF.  It takes a little tinkering and I still can't get it all onto one "page", but at least non-Alteryx viewers can zoom in and examine it.

hgoodwinfluke_0-1650316202412.png

Labels