Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

YXMD Canvas Extract to PDF?

hgoodwinfluke
5 - Atom

Hello - I was curious if there's a way to extract the Canvas of a XYMD Workflow into an Adobe PDF Format?  Essentially, I'm looking for the ability to visualize the layout of the Workflow outside of Alteryx, in order to communicate with Non-Alteryx Users on how the Workflow looks/works.  Would be similar to how it looks in Alteryx (except not being able to run the Workflow). 

If there's a way to extract screenshots of the Results panes too, that would be a bonus so I wouldn't have to do them manually :-)

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Try a tool like UiPath.

Or some other automation tool that can capture screen shots.

Chris

hgoodwinfluke
5 - Atom

I'd prefer, if possible, if I could get it all in one extract (similar to a ledger-sized placemat)...

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Alteryx doesn't have a tool to capture screenshots, or images of a workflow.  

Not sure if you could accomplish that with a Powershell script.  You'd need to open the workflow, Zoom to show the entire flow, then screenshot.  Alteryx doesn't have any GUI automation to accomplish the Zoom step.

Chris

hgoodwinfluke
5 - Atom

I think I figured it out.  There's a Print option within Alteryx to export to PDF.  It takes a little tinkering and I still can't get it all onto one "page", but at least non-Alteryx viewers can zoom in and examine it.

hgoodwinfluke_0-1650316202412.png

Labels