Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

YXI tool os environment PATH

WellyLiyanto
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

Having trouble when using some tools that installed using YXI files, even the tools was successfully installed and added to my Alteryx Designer,i'm having trouble with this error that always appear whenever i want to try using the tools :

File "<string>", line 1    os.environ['PATH'] = r"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\Library\bin;D:\oracle\instantclient\instantclient_12_1\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.8.0_201\bin;D:\Hadoop\hadoop-3.0.0\bin;D:\Hadoop\apache-hive-3.1.1-bin\bin;D:\Hadoop\apache-maven-3.6.1\bin;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;D:\oracle\instantclient\instantclient_12_1;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;D:\Software\cppan-master-Windows-client;

^SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

Anyone having the same issue or maybe a solution for this? i know it has to be something with my path environment variable but i can't change it since some of the path was for the software i'm currently using.

Thanks All

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @WellyLiyanto 

Can you open a command prompt and type in PATH to see if you get the same string, or if there is more after "cppan-master-Windows-client;"

Dan

WellyLiyanto
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang 

There's slighty difference at the start of the string,which is 

"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\Library\bin;D:\oracle\instantclient\instantclient_12_1\;"

But I think it's Alteryx python variable and my Alteryx oracle instance variable,aside from that everything was same,and there's no another string after "D:\Software\cppan-master-Windows-client;"

Thank you

WellyLiyanto
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

Just sharing in case there's another who got into same trouble with me, i don't know which action of me that actually make the tools works,but i suspect it's between these 2 :

1. I actually have 2 Path environment variable, one is system environment variable, and one is user environment variable, i delete the user one (it actually didn't works at first)

2. For one of the YXI Tools, i delete home variable at pyvenv.cfg, and something start to happen, the tools didn't give the errors,but just freeze

i suspect there's something happened,so i restart my pc,and after restarting,and the tools works !!, and not just the tool that i deleted the home variable,but actually all tools that installed from YXI works !! really didn't understand what happened ,but at least everything works now

elonjigar
5 - Atom

An EOL while scanning string literal error indicates that the Python interpreter expected a particular character or set of characters to have occurred in a specific line of code, but that those characters were not found before the end of the line . This results in Python stopping the program execution and throwing a syntax error . In most cases, this is due to the following reasons:

• Missing quotes
  • Strings spanning multiple lines

Strings can't normally span multiple lines. If you don't want the string to appear on multiple lines but you want to initialize it on multiple lines (so you can read it more easily), you can "escape" the newline by putting a backslash before the newline. If you want it to appear on multiple lines, you can use triple quotes around the string.

Spresza
6 - Meteoroid

Five years later, this is what helped me solve a similar issue.

The command prompt returned a path that looked like it included a carriage return in the middle of the string, causing the Python syntax error. Deleted that and it works great now.

Labels