Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Xero API

bmillrine
8 - Asteroid

I'm struggling with the Xero accounting software API, getting a token.

Attached is where I have got to with the workflow.

The best explanation of how to go about this is here  Explanation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
adm510
11 - Bolide

Just fyi, your private API keys are in the workflow, I would replace the file with them edited out... also make sure to generate new keys.

I don't have whatever macro is in your workflow, so it appears broken, but it doesn't look like you're indicating if you're doing a GET or a POST, that needs to be included in your signature.

ALTERYX EMPLOYEE's: If @bmillrine workflow is still attached, you may want to delete it for them. I don't know if the keys are sample data or not, but it makes me nervous seeing them in there

bmillrine
8 - Asteroid

API keys are old and have been refreshed.

Thanks

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Without delving too deep into the actual working's of the API, I can see a couple of changes to definitely make.

1. You are trying to call the hashed URL. The URL has to be igned and hashed, then attached as the signature, but  it's the un-hashed URL that you call.
  2. There's a spelling mistake on the oauth callback request
  3. Each part of the URL separated with '&' can be split into Key-Value Pairs as in the screenshot and passed as payload. oauth_signature will be another field on the below.
    oauth_grab.png

This doesn't necessarily cover everything to get the API going, however, should get you to the next steps...

Kane

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I've made those changes and a few more, but I still can't get it to work.

It could also be that I barely understand what's going on, but at the moment I'm stuck on "Failed to validate signature" error.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It's not a simple process. Take a look inside the Connect Alteryx Loader to see how it's done there...

Labels