Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

XML parsing

r-alrahmani
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Please refer to the files attached. I am trying to parse an XML file but I am having some issues due to the way it is structured. Copied here in .txt format. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you sure this .xml file is complete? I don't see some of the information which is populating your excel file here. 

I'm no xml guru but I can take this and turn it into something readable via xml parse or regex - and (as confirmed by notepad) there's missing data.

MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

I would suggest you're probably better off reading this document in as a series of single field (just a text string) rows, adding a Record ID, then going through a series of Filter & Regex Parse tools to pull the content you're interested in.  As an XML file, it is not well structured since the there is a lack of nested nodes to define the parent-child relationships.  Rather, it appears that it's simply the order of the nodes that identify what the parent is (hence the Record ID recommendation).

Labels