Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

XML not being correctly read in INPUT TOOL

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hello Guys.

I am trying to edit/parse a XML but no success. I tried all combinations possible to make alteryx read ALL fields but for some reason it is not reading all of them even though they all are on the same line.

Joker_Hazard_0-1624391047612.png

I attached the notepad of this XML, there are a lot of information that is not being read.

Any ideas to solve this? 

It could be read as a TXT but would not be efficient for me because I would have a lot of workarounds to do to ensure all fields are edited correctly.

Tks! 

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Joker_Hazard ,

I tried bringing your XML in a format that will make it easier to understand which are the child values and which the root elements

AngelosPachis_0-1624397641031.png

In your input tool, if you select to get the root/child values, you will get all columns up until the MsgXml, but then you will have to return the outer xml and use an XML parse tool to specifically target that nested XML family, parsing the child values.

Sorry but my XML terminology isn't great, but hopefully you will be able to make sense of it by examining the workflow

AngelosPachis_2-1624397821137.png

As you can see for yourself, the output contains most of your fields. 

Cheers,

Angelos

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Thanks Angelos!

Just by curiosity, how would you export this data with the same layout? As TXT or XML...

For me there is no different if it goes with this layout or just on line, the way I posted here.

Tks!

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@Joker_Hazard There should be plug-ins or other software online that can convert xmls to that nested default format. I did it manually for the above example, that's why there is an error in the first couple of lines.

Cheers,

Angelos

Labels