Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

XML file size limitations?

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hi, is there a limit to the size of an XML file I can bring in to Alteryx through a Data Input tool?

If there is, does the limit work on file size, number of rows of data, how is the limit reached? We have multiple data files in single environments and it would be easier to bring them all out in one XML file as the data within the file splits them down to module and company. I am being asked if there is a limit to the size of the file we can input to Alteryx as they can create the file in one, or they can split it over several files of output data if there is a file size limit.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There is not a record limit in Alteryx, so you can either import the entire XML, or split the XML into multiple files and then append together using a wilcard in the input if the schema is the same, or a union tool.

If you do have a very large import, I recommend caching the data with the first run. This will put the data into an alteryx optimized format in temp space, and this will be used moving forward for processing.

Hope this helps!

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

@echuong1  Hi, I thought this was the case as I'm sure it was covered in the interactive training. I wanted to check as some of the file sizes are quite large, so I may consider the option you suggest of splitting the output and bringing in two files then using a union as the schema is the same.

Thanks for you help

Labels