community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

XML file is being read as html

Atom

Hi there,

I have an XML file online that I am trying to read into Alteryx using the download tool however I am facing issues.

It is reading the file as a html and not XML.

The URL is -

http://aesapdhc00-dcb.corp.al-futtaim.com:8000/MIMInventory/Inventory.xsodata/STORE_INV?$filter=(WER...)

And I have attached a few lines of the code.

Please can someone help me resolve this.

Thanks, 

Fahem

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

Alteryx cannot read the extract you have attached because it doesn't have the completed tags.  Can you send the full file?  Have you tried reading it in as a non delimited CSV and parsing it yourself using XML parse?

Thanks,

Nick

Atom

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the full file. 

The online file is updated on a real time basis so I don't think downloading it as a csv would be the solution. 

If you hjave any other solution, I would be happy to try that out too. 

Thanks, 

Fahem

Atom

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the full file. 

The online file is updated on a real time basis so I don't think downloading it as a csv would be the solution. 

If you have any other solution, I would be happy to try that out too. 

Thanks, 

Fahem

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

You would still download it as an XML but in the input tool you can change what format you want to read it in as.  If you select CSV here you can then change the delimiter to \0 (non delimited).  Once Alteryx has read it in this format you can use the Alteryx parsing tools to extract the relevant data.  I have used a tool called Parse XML which i downloaded form Alteryx.gallery.com but there is one out of the box called XML Parse.  

Please see my solution attached.

Nick

Labels