Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

XML Parsing: Reading XML description not clear from Alteryx Help document

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

Hi,

I'm going through the XML parsing help in Alteryx as I don't use this type of data much and came across the Reading XML page and have a question. Based on the sample XML data at the top of the article shown below, I couldn't reconcile the part that references the <Term Length="8 years"> in the Return child Values portion of the document. Am I missing something here? I cannot see where this tag came from.

xml code.PNG

The portion of this document that is not clear is this snippet below. Where did the Term come from?

xml return child.PNG

Here's a link to the Alteryx Help page: https://help.alteryx.com/11.0/ReadingXML.htm#Return_Child_Values

Thanks for your help on clarifying this.

2 REPLIES 2
PeterS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @wale_ilori

The two examples of XML that you noted are actually two separate examples of XML.  I agree that with the way it is worded is a bit confusing.  I'll reach out to our documentation team to see if they are able to clarify the examples a bit more.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I've attached an example workflow (created in version 10.5) containing both examples if you want to experiment with them. 

Peter Stoddard
Manager, Technical Account Management
Alteryx, Inc.

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

Thanks a lot for the quick clarification Peter.

Labels