Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

XML Parse Failure - cell has no column definition

kcoleman
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to combine a bunch of excel files into one file, but i'm getting the below errors when they're read in. Any ideas? All files should have the same tab name (Sheet1) and the same number of columns.

kcoleman_0-1642517963427.png

21 REPLIES 21
kcoleman
8 - Asteroid

Have attached two sample files from the sets I'm working with!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kcoleman 

Set the start data import on line as 2. And give this a try its working for me.

atcodedog05_0-1642520985231.png

Hope this helps : )

kcoleman
8 - Asteroid

No change when trying to combine files. Have you been successful there?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kcoleman 

I was able to pull in files with the attached config.

Hope this helps : )

kcoleman
8 - Asteroid

I give up! 😆

kcoleman_0-1642523275577.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kcoleman 

But it worked for your sample file though 😅

XihanJin
5 - Atom

Hi, I have just experienced the same problem. According to a reply from Excel Input Error - Alteryx Community. I have verified that the file could not be read via any applications other than excel, which I believe that there are some types of problems with the file itself but not with Alteryx. In the reply from the other post, explanation is 'I was told that the software that was building the original Excel file was using a library that wasn't compatible with other applications'. The problem is solved in my case after I reopened the file and resaved via Excel. 

Achoo5
5 - Atom

This was the solution for me as well, thank you for sharing!

ankur13agrawal
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @kcoleman ,
I am facing the same problem,I need to save the excel generated from other source before i need to run it
Did you managed to find a solution for this

Achoo5
5 - Atom

Yes, by saving the file as a .xlsx on my desktop and then working with it in Alteryx I was able to get around this issue.

Labels